Sunday, April 01, 2012

Photo of the Day by A. F. Litt: April 1, 2012, View from OMSI

OMSI.  Portland, Oregon.  March 29, 2012.  Photo of the Day, April 1, 2012.

OMSI.  Portland, Oregon.  March 29, 2012.  Photo of the Day, April 1, 2012.

As I wrote earlier on Facebook:

Spent some time the last couple weeks re-organizing my picture files. Trying to figure out the best method to keep everything organized while working on different computers in different rooms around the house. Just about done with that, and then I can actually start editing photos again!

This is also why I am trying out Windows 8 on my tower. I would have preferred to use 7 (or even the dreaded Vista), but 8 is free right now and the others are not. Trying to use Windows Live Mesh to synch folders between computers...

That is one reason for the break. 

Really, though, it had more to do with just being a bit burned out and needing a break.  Every once in a while I notice that I start hating every Photo of the Day I post.  I get burned out, I get down on myself, and this starts feeling like too much of an annoying chore so I just start throwing up random pictures, not my favorites.  When this has happened in the past, I’ve found that a break helps.

This break was meant to be a short one, a day or two, but life got busy.  Some of this had to do with the IT issues mentioned in the Facebook post, but mostly it was life.  Things have been busy with the boys.

But I am back.  I meant to write a bit more here tonight, but I am still sorting out my photos…  Much of this is automated now, synching between computers and letting Picasa rebuild its library, but it slows this laptop down to the point where assembling this post took over an hour.

So that is all for tonight.

Products featuring photography by A. F. Litt:

deviantArt: Prints, cards, mugs, mouse pads, magnets, puzzles and other products.

Cafe Press: Calendars, etc.

 

Related Posts

No comments: