Sunday, July 09, 2017

Ironwood Forest National Monument: 27 Monuments Stop #25

Photo by Bob Wick, BLM California
Taken January 30, 2013
CC BY 2.0
https://flic.kr/p/fkdRfw


National Monuments in Danger


We are down to the HOURS of the comment period!  Please, take the time today to comment on the fate of this national monument, any of the other 27 monuments on the Interior Department's list, or on the fate of all of them.  


To comment on the monument review process (due July 10, 2017):
https://www.regulations.gov/comment?D=DOI-2017-0002-0001


It's been a marathon.  Tomorrow will be another one, but I doubt I'll post as many blog posts as today...  This is definitely a single day record for me!  But there was a lot to be done!

And there still is a lot to be done...  Leave a comment for the Department of the Interior, learn about one of the 27 monuments, share posts about your favorites, and get ready... There will be more work to be done, I am sure, before our monuments are safe.

Keep your eyes open for ways to advocate, and make sure you do not stay quiet if you do not like the results of this process.

This is my second post today on Ironwood Forest National Monument, and my first post of the day was long and talked in some depth about my love of these places in general.  Please give it a read.  I still need to get further in depth on this monument, but between the early, long post and the late hour tonight, and all of the new posts in between, it will need to wait for another time.

And out of all 27, I still haven't seen one I'd be willing to part with, including this one.  Let's save it!






Ironwood Forest National Monument (as of June 2017) - PDF

To comment on the monument review process (due July 10, 2017):

Links

No comments: