Thursday, November 15, 2012

One Day On Earth: 12.12.12 Trailer

One Day on Earth - Film on 12.12.12 from One Day on Earth on Vimeo.

I’ve been looking forward to this project since I participated in last year’s 11.11.11 filming.  Last year’s project is actually what kicked my butt into getting a camera with HD video and inspiring me to start working with video more. 

So I spent the last year working on my cinematography and editing skills.  I’ve got a long way to go but it has been fun, and I was hoping it would all come together for 12.12.12 this year. 

When I decided to participate in NaNoWriMo this year, I knew that it would make the One Day shoot something of a by the seat of my pants project, since I’ll only have 12 days to prepare.  But that’s okay, because I want to keep it small.  However, unlike last year, I want to focus on a more specific event, topic, or theme.  I want more of a focus to my film this year than the random collage I made last year.

A couple weeks ago, my friend Sean and I came up with a great idea for this year’s shoot that, due to some major unforeseen events in my life, I will most likely not be able to participate in, an idea that would probably have grown beyond One Day On Earth and become its own short or even full length documentary eventually. 

I hope Sean still shoots that idea, and I look forward to working on the larger documentary project next year, but that leaves me grabbing for new ideas for my own 12.12.12 project this year, where I will, most likely, be in a city I am less familiar with.

Perhaps that in itself is a topic or a theme.  Maybe I should just hit the streets and ask people, if there was one thing that they would want to show the world about their hometown on that day, what would it be?

But these are December problems, and until December 1, I need to focus my creative energy on the novel.

Related Posts

No comments: