Monday, August 29, 2011

Beautiful Video... Wyoming skies | Bad Astronomy | Discover Magazine

Wyoming skies | Bad Astronomy | Discover Magazine: "If you need a pick-me-up to start your week (after a hurricane, a series of earthquakes, and just having to face another danged week at work) then may I suggest this amazing time-lapse video by Eric Hines, called "Wild Wyoming":"

'via Blog this'

Okay, so I've only seen the first few frames due to my dying computer and lousy connection, but the first few frames tell me that this is pretty much a much watch. Also, be sure to check out the Bad Astronomy column for an explanation of "of what looks like light pillars... vertical glowing columns." Having not seen the entire video yet, I am also looking forward to figuring out what he's talking about at 2:50, where "there’s a scene that better be familiar to anyone who reads" Bad Astronomy.

P.S. New laptops are great birthday presents! Really. Even better than a digital SLR (which I would settle for in a pinch)! What... No? Well, I still love you anyway!



Wild Wyoming, A Summer of Sunsets & Dark Skies from Eric Hines on Vimeo.

No comments: