Sunday, December 18, 2011

First pictures with the new camera…

Ended up getting one of these: Canon PowerShot SX230 HS.  It seemed like the most camera for the buck. 

At this point, I thought it was better to go with a high end point and shoot rather than a low end DSLR.  In fact, if it were not for the limited video capabilities of my $35 dollar clearance Kodak, I might not even have upgraded at this point.

One of the things that I really like about this camera is that it has the option to go fully manual with everything, controlling shutter, aperture, ISO, even focus.  But the best thing about the upgrade is the much higher resolution view screen.  I had to guess whether or not a lot of the shots on the old camera were in focus.  With the new one, it is much easier to tell before I get home and start cussing because I didn’t get the shot I thought I did.

UPDATE - December 20, 2011:  Uh oh...  Google is improving Picasa!  Looks like they broke these pictures.  Winning!

From 2011-12 (Dec)
From 2011-12 (Dec)
From 2011-12 (Dec)
From 2011-12 (Dec)
From 2011-12 (Dec)
From 2011-12 (Dec)
From 2011-12 (Dec)
From 2011-12 (Dec)
From 2011-12 (Dec)

Related Posts

No comments: