Saturday, March 10, 2012

What Is Fantasy? | LitReactor

December 25, 2007.

Busy day and I am in a hurry, but this looks like an interesting article.  I almost applied to LitReactor recently for a Sci-Fi columnist position.  Looks like they added a fantasy column as well.

I might update this with a discussion after I have time to read this.  I might never have time to read this at all, and then...

Blah.


What Is Fantasy? | LitReactor:
Hello and welcome to the first in a regular series of columns covering the world of fantasy literature. Of course, it would probably be useful if right off the bat we could talk about what exactly fantasy literature is. To many, it’s men in armor with swords, wizards and magic, the standard template set down by J. R. R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, J. K. Rowling and a number of other writers with initials in their names. The reality is that fantasy is so much more than that.


'via Blog this'

Related Posts

No comments: