Friday, August 15, 2014

Re-launching my “photo of the day” with the 2014 vacation photos…

A. F. Litt: Washington &emdash; Kennewick 9/11 Memorial

Kennewick 9/11 Memorial
Kennewick, Washington. July 29, 2014
Copyright © 2014 A. F. Litt, All Rights Reserved

I’ve been thinking about starting up the photo of the day again, and since I have over 3,000 new photos from our family vacation this summer, it seems like a good time to start.

I’ve been thinking about this for awhile, since I feel like I am not working on much photography these days.  Sure, I’ve spent the summer running through a bunch of event photos, and I’ve been slogging through hundreds of photos for the Recreating the Historic Columbia River Highway documentary project, but these are not really what I would consider artistic, fine arts style photos, which is what I want to focus on a little more with the resumed photo of the day.

I feel like I’ve been neglecting my photography a bit and I think trying to take a few minutes to publish one decent, somewhat artistic photo every day would help keep focused on my photography a bit more than I have been for the last six months or so.

This is not to say that I haven’t been taking lots of pictures, but it is to say that most of the pictures I’ve been taking have been quick and dirty shots from events, or the survey style work on the old highway, and the focus on the art of photography is sacrificed somewhat in those environments.

Today, I am posting two pictures.  I decided to start with Yellowstone and threw one up of Riverside Geyser earlier, but then I decided to start with one photo from each day of the trip. 

Neither of these are among the best shots from the two week trek across the country, but I like the one below for sentimental reasons and the one above is probably the best shot from the only location I took pictures of on the 29th, which was a travel day.

The monument is built with steel from the WTC.  It is partially melted and this memorial is pretty amazing.  It’s the first time I’ve seen anything like this in person, and we hit it at a nice time of day, too.  I’ll probably throw a picture up later on showing more detail, but I wanted to start with the wide view of the whole thing.

Like I said, not that exciting of a photo, but was an interesting and touching place to start off our trip with…

A. F. Litt: Yellowstone National Park &emdash; Riverside Geyser

Riverside Geyser
Upper Geyser Basin. Yellowstone National Park. August 2, 2014
Copyright © 2014 A. F. Litt, All Rights Reserved

Related Posts

No comments: