Monday, January 23, 2012

Project Yosemite time lapse video & some notes on time lapse videos in general

Yosemite HD from Project Yosemite on Vimeo.

Yosemite HD on Vimeo:

This video is a collaboration between Sheldon Neill and Colin Delehanty. All timelapses were shot on the Canon 5D Mark II with a variety of Canon L and Zeiss CP.2 Lenses.
Project Yosemite Website: projectyose.com
Contact info:
info@projectyose.com

For the most part recently, I’ve been trying to focus the RubbleSites on my own content, but this one is really nice and I couldn’t resist posting it here.

I must admit, though, that while all these time lapse videos are very pretty, a part of me is starting to get a real “been there, done that” feel with them.   Not that I have done it yet, but they are starting to blur together a bit.

A lot of good photographers all producing work that looks too much alike?

Or a lot of mediocre photographers using proven techniques that will always produce interesting results?

Probably a little from both.

And it probably won’t stop me from trying one myself this summer.

I do like this one.  It stands out a bit which is probably why I am going ahead and posting this here.  It’s hard to beat Yosemite and I  really liked the shot of the tiny climber’s light on the cliff at night.

This is Quite Possibly the Most Beautiful Yosemite Time Lapse Ever | Motherboard:

This is the product of Project Yosemite by Sheldon Neill and Colin Delehanty, a pair of time lapse enthusiasts who apparently met through Vimeo. What started off as one trip into the park turned into a whole series of excursion in their bid to document Yosemite at its most gorgeous.

Related Posts

No comments: