Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Timescapes by Tom Lowe

Some videos on editing this film and some preview clips.  Yes.  This is why I am very excited about the possibility of getting a better camera for Christmas.  I’d like to start putting together some video projects like this.

Maybe not quite at this level, but just for fun, for me.  

I’ve been stalling on my One Day On Earth video all day.  Partially, it is because I am frustrated with the image resolution of the video clips (mostly, I am sick of the song I am using)…

I am not looking at moving all the way up into the 4K and 5K range that Lowe is working in, but it would / will be nice to hit the full 1080 HD mark.

Anyway…  Here’s the clips.  I posted one of them earlier, but I thought they deserved their own post.

4K EDIT in Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 from Tom Lowe on Vimeo.

 

Timescapes: "Death is the Road to Awe" from Tom Lowe on Vimeo.

TimeScapes 4K from Tom Lowe on Vimeo.

TimeScapes 4K on Vimeo:

This is production footage from my forthcoming debut film, "TimeScapes," a portrait of the American Southwest. This video was filmed and edited at 4K (4096x2304) resolution, four times greater than regular 1080p HD. A 4K DCP file is available upon request. Shot on Red Epic and Canon RAW still cameras.

You can pre-order the movie "TimeScapes" here: timescapes.org/pre_order.asp

Follow the film here:

1) twitter.com/timescapes

2) facebook.com/TimeScapes

3) gplus.to/tomlowe

If you have a 30" monitor and fast computer you can download a 2560x1440 copy of this video here: red.cachefly.net/TimeScapes4K2560p.mp4

4K version only if you have a 4K monitor or projector: coming soon.

Here is a 4K version on youtube: youtu.be/e-GYrbecb88

Thank you to Terrence Malick and Godfrey Reggio for their support and inspiration. Also thanks to Eric Kessler, Curt Morgan, Jim Jannard, Vincent Laforet, Bruce Allen, Phil Plait, Dave Finley, and to Helio Collective for the beautiful title logo. My most sincere and humble respect to Mark Magidson and Ron Fricke.

 

TimeScapes: Rapture from Tom Lowe on Vimeo.

Timelapse Crane Unleashed from Tom Lowe on Vimeo.

Related Posts

No comments: