Wednesday, November 09, 2011

You Are Here... Not quite the Total Perspective Vortex, but close...


P.S. Happy Birthday Carl! (And Dad! And Angela!)

Update: 9:45 PM
I almost went back through my blog to find the link for this video earlier to re-post along with this, but things have been very busy around here.  However, now that things have quieted down a bit around here, sitting down to power through some chores for a couple hours before bed, I saw that Phil Plait posted this up on Bad Astronomy...

Between Plait's words and the video, it was too much to resist.
On the birthday of Carl Sagan | Bad Astronomy | Discover Magazine
If Carl Sagan were still alive, he’d be 77 years old today. Perhaps he wouldn’t have been overly concerned with arbitrary time measurements, especially when based on the fickle way we define a "year", but it’s human nature to look back at such integrally-divisible dates… and Carl was very much a student of human nature.
I’ve written about him so much in the past there’s not much I can add right now, so I thought I would simply embed a video for you to watch… 
'via Blog this'


Update: November 10,2011 - 10:15 PM

Just found this version on Vimeo...

Pale Blue Dot - Animation from Ehdubya on Vimeo.


No comments: